[Tinyos-help] How to measure the memory cost

Michiel Konstapel m.konstapel at sownet.nl
Thu Feb 14 03:07:36 PST 2008

> The local automatic variables are not counted when the make system
prints out the RAM usage. I suspect you have some of those in your code.

> They are created dynamically on the stack, and thus, it's hard to tell
what is the maximum possible stack depth. (There exist static stack
depth analysis tools, but, as of now, the TinyOS make system does not
make use of any of them.)

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any stack estimation tools for
the msp430? We're using stacktool
(http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/stacktool/) with our Atmega128-based
node and I've been looking for something similar for the msp430, but
nothing's turned up yet.
Michiel