[Tinyos-help] TMote Sky and Mica Mote

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:17:08 PST 2008

The telos/tmotes are handy because they don't require a separate
base-station adapter, but they make up for it by not having as
many available I/O pins. They also have a higher rez ADC (12 bits
vs 10 on the micas) and may run a bit faster over all. I don't
know about comparative power usage if that's a factor for you.

 From the standpoint of software development the tmote Boomerang
overlay may have developed hooks into more of the controller
features, but I haven't done a real comparison. At a higher level,
if the features you need are supported, the two platforms are
pretty much the same.

On mica 2 vs Z you need to look at your radio requirements.
The lower freq 2 has a bit better range and obstacle tolerance,
but the Z is (way) faster and seems to be more reliable when in
range.

MS