[Tinyos-help] Re: [Tinyos-devel] DAC and MSP430RefVoltGenerator in T2

John Griessen john at ecosensory.com
Wed Feb 13 09:43:18 PST 2008

Sandip Bapat wrote:

  a DAC module would either have to wire to Msp430RefVoltArbiterP (in which case it also has to provide the

AdcConfigure interface) or be expected to provide wiring for these interfaces.

This is fine for apps that just want to use the DAC and not ADC but what if both are used and the

ADC is already using Ref Voltage ? I guess we could use #ifdefs in the DAC but wouldn't having

a Msp430RefVoltArbiterC that does the wirings required for Msp430RefVoltGeneratorP be better?

The best thing would be to create new function in the RefVoltArbiter so it can stay on after an ADC12 or
Dac12 call has requested it if another request is heard within a time period.  As far as I can tell,
Dac12 and Adc12 of a MSP430F1611 can both be going at once.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1