[Tinyos-help] How to measure the memory cost

Janos Sallai sallai at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 13 09:00:48 PST 2008

The local automatic variables are not counted when the make system
prints out the RAM usage. I suspect you have some of those in your code.

They are created dynamically on the stack, and thus, it's hard to tell
what is the maximum possible stack depth. (There exist static stack
depth analysis tools, but, as of now, the TinyOS make system does not
make use of any of them.)