[Tinyos-help] Running tinyos 1.x and 2.x simultaneously

Nilesh Mishra nmishra at usc.edu
Sat Feb 9 03:15:07 PST 2008

Yes, All you need to is to point the env variables to the correct locations
and based on context. I am pasting below my env variables for running 1.x or
2.x . Please customize as per your settings.

##### Content of tinyos1.sh ####
alias tinyos1='source /etc/profile.d/tinyos1.sh'
alias tinyos2='source /opt/tinyos-2.x/tinyos2.sh'
TOSROOT="/opt/tinyos-1.x"
export TOSROOT
TOSDIR="$TOSROOT/tos"
export TOSDIR
CLASSPATH=`$TOSROOT/tools/java/javapath`
export CLASSPATH
#We cannot set MAKERULES until we require make 3.8
MAKERULES="$TOSROOT/tools/make/Makerules"
export MAKERULES

#add msp430 to PATH variable
PATH=/usr/local/mspgcc/bin/:$PATH

##### Content of tinyos2.sh ####
TOSROOT="/opt/tinyos-2.x"
export TOSROOT
TOSDIR="$TOSROOT/tos"
export TOSDIR
CLASSPATH=".;C:\Program Files\UCB\cygwin\opt\tinyos-
2.x\support\sdk\java\tinyos.jar"
export CLASSPATH
#We cannot set MAKERULES until we require make 3.8
MAKERULES="$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules"
export MAKERULES

#add msp430 to PATH variable
PATH=/opt/msp430/bin:$PATH

Thanks,
Nilesh

On Feb 8, 2008 11:36 PM, Nikhil Singhal <nikhil.singhal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to have both tinyos 1.x and 2.x installed on my computer at
> the same time?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Nikhil

Nilesh Mishra
Embedded Networks Laboratory
University of Southern California,
3710 S. McClintock Avenue, Ronald Tutor Hall (RTH) 418
Los Angeles, CA 90089
mail: nmishra at usc.edu
       nilesh.mishra at yahoo.co.in
       nilmish at gmail.com