[Tinyos-help] Regarding upgradation of tinyOS 1.x to 2.x

Nilesh Mishra nmishra at usc.edu
Sat Feb 9 02:40:49 PST 2008

Hi,
   I will suggest you to make a backup of your current tinyos-1.x directory
and the environment variables and do a fresh install of the tinyos-2.x and
the corresponding tool chain. Then you can set the environment variables for
the tinyos-1.x pointing towards the corresponding new tool(s) using your
back up copy. Hope it helps.
Regards,
Nilesh

On Feb 8, 2008 10:02 AM, Saravanan Sivaji <saravanan_forums at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am upgrading my tinyos 1.x to tinyos 2.x
>
> As per the Installation document,
> Step 2: Upgrade your TinyOS-specific tools
>
> when I give the following in cygwin window,
> *$ rpm -Uvh tinyos-tools-1.2.4-2.cygwin.i386.rpm*
> I get the following message......
> *package tinyos-tools-1.2.4-2 is intended for a cygwin operating system*
> **
> I installed my tinyos in c:\tinyos
> I tried to unpack *tinyos-tools-1.2.4-2.cygwin.i386.rpm *under
> c:\tinyos\cygwin folder, am I correct?
>
> please help me in this regard.....I new to tinyOS
>
> Thanking you all
> Sarwan

Nilesh Mishra
Embedded Networks Laboratory
University of Southern California,
3710 S. McClintock Avenue, Ronald Tutor Hall (RTH) 418
Los Angeles, CA 90089
mail: nmishra at usc.edu
       nilesh.mishra at yahoo.co.in
       nilmish at gmail.com