[Tinyos-help] Tinyos help needed

Elizabeth Omotosho sheunbetty at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:32:11 PST 2008

Hi,
I am very new to Tinyos in fact to tmotes in general but want to learn.
I just got 3 moteiv sky motes  and I am trying to get them to work on windows xp.
I installed  boomerang on my system -from the Tmote Tools CD version 2.0.5 with tinyos-1.x, Java 5.0, Graphiz2.8, cygwin, Trawler etc. I tried and succeeded in compiling the Blink application and the Delta application by following the instructions in the tutorial.  After this, everything else I have tried to do has not worked. I tried the sense, OscilloscopeRF, TOSBase and the java Listen application but it just keeps on re-synchronizing and gives no further output.....   "serial at COM1:57600:resynchronising"

I actually want to configure 2 motes to send temperature and humidity readings to the third mote. That means I have to configure one as the base (TOSBase) and the other two as transmitters. I have tried to do this but I am not making any headway, moreover the tinyos tutorial was written for Mica motes and not tmotes.

1. How can I configure the motes to get temperature and humidity readings.
2. How do I configure two motes to send their readings to the other mote. How can I get them to "see" each other.

I would appreciate all the help I can get from the experts.

Thanks.