[Tinyos-help] ADC_MSP430_how

John Griessen john at ecosensory.com
Thu Feb 7 10:41:15 PST 2008

antonio gonga wrote:
if I want to read  data from example ADC0, ADC1, ADC2? The example that I found in
> /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos/chips/msp430/adc12/README.txt does not help so much...

There's code in tinyos-2.x-contrib/ecosensory/apps/ReadMoistureSensors/
that uses the MSP430 adc's in multichannel mode, where you get data from several
channels as fast as possible.   I have not done a tutorial write up of it, but plan to.
It depends on a sensorboard that is a  mux to get more effective channels, but you can
still use it as a guide for ADC0, ADC1, ADC2, ADC3   reading.  It's a mostly compete app
that sends readings in a struct as messages over the radio every second.  In the near future,
I will add low power mode of operating to it, and some received message controls for
asking for a single reading of all now, changing the reading time and period, etc.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1