[Tinyos-help] msp430.util missing - msp430-jtag

Michiel Konstapel m.konstapel at sownet.nl
Thu Feb 7 06:01:13 PST 2008

> I tried to program my msp430 device with the "Blink" program using
> msp430-jtag. But there's an error
>
> "Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/msp430/bin/msp430-jtag", line 15, in <module> from
> msp430.util import hexdump, makeihex
> ImportError: No module named msp430.util "
>
> I installed TOS2.x on ubuntu using the ubuntu repository... compiling
> works fine... but I didn't find any fix to this problem.

I think there's a mismatch in versions in the current Ubuntu repository.
That module's been renamed to mspgcc.util, but msp430-jtag still refers
to the old name. I think I worked around it by downloading a newer
version from the mspgcc site or their CVS repository and putting that on
my $PATH. Would be nice to have the Ubuntu stuff work out-of-the-box,
though.
Michiel