[Tinyos-help] Re: [Tinyos-devel] CTP + LPL

Matt Welsh mdw at eecs.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 6 14:10:23 PST 2008

While I like this idea, are we going through a TEP vetting process
before adding new calls in the radio stack interface? I could think of
a lot of things that one might want to add to the CC2420 radio stack
but I thought the idea of the TEP process was to air these ideas
through feature extension proposals before just adding things when
they seem like a good idea. Then again maybe we need to draw a
distinction between "public" interfaces and "private" ones; I suppose
one could consider the internals of the CC2420 stack to be "private"
-- that is until any upper level code starts relying on the existence
of this interface and makes it impossible to port to other radio stacks.