[Tinyos-help] Group ID on-the-fly change

David Moss dmm at rincon.com
Tue Feb 5 05:36:22 PST 2008

This is what the ActiveMessageAddressC component is supposed to handle in
2.0.2, although it won't change the enum / defined "TOS_AM_GROUP".

  call ActiveMessageAddress.setAddress(am_group_t group, am_addr_t addr);

You should always access TOS_AM_GROUP through "call
ActiveMessageAddress.amGroup()".  Accessing TOS_AM_GROUP or TOS_AM_ADDRESS
directly is bad practice.

Changing the address/group information will cause ActiveMessageAddressC to
signal out an ActiveMessageAddress.changed() event. This notifies the radio
stack that it needs to sync the radio hardware with the node's new
address/group.

-David