[Tinyos-help] tinyOs-2.x SST flash SPI ATMEGA2560

David Gay dgay42 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:04:25 PST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 12:57 AM, Domenico Arenga <domenico.arenga at gmail.com> wrote:
> The platform is a proprietary. Is composed of a microcontroller atmega2560,
> CC2420 radio, and a serial flash SST25VF016B. I would like to understand
> what files to modify references to SPI to use SST25VF016B on atmega2560.
> Thank you for your reply.

Sounds like you need to:
- read TEP103 (see the tinyos.net page) for a description of the
TinyOS flash-storage abstractions
- write some low and intermediate-level code (HPL, HAL see TEP2 for a
description of TinyOS's hardware abstraction architecture) for
accessing the SST25VF016B (I'm assuming it's not similar to the flash
chips (Atmel AT45DB family, ST M25P) which already have TinyOS support
- if it is similar, it might be possible to just modify those existing
implementations)
- implement the high-level TEP103 storage abstractions on top of your
lower-level code - if the SST flash chip is conceptually similar to
the AT45DB or the ST M25P, you might be able to just modify those
existing implementations

Note that this is not likely to be a completely trivial task... if you
only need the flash in your own applications, it might be simpler to
design/build some application-specific code (you would probably still
want to build some reasonably generic low-level code to access your
flash chip, though)

David Gay