[Tinyos-help] Mica2Dot power management issues

Ashish Agarwal ashishagr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:41:59 PDT 2005

Hi,
I am working with the Mica2Dots and Mica2's. I implemented power management
on the mica2 as per the instructions found in the mailing list and it worked
fine.
But a similar code on the Mica2Dot is not working appropriately.
I modified the code from the TestSensorMTS510M.nc, i stopper the sensors and
the radio and enabled power management.
While observing the output in XListen the code seems to work fine for 4-13
readings and then stops as if the mote has shutdown. I am wondering why is
it demonstrating this kind of behavior.
Simultaneously I am observing the output at a base station, so there are no
radio transmissions either (after a few), which means it is not a serial
port problem.

Also, I am observing the current being drawn on an Ammeter, and from the
readings, I believe the power management is active in between the Timer
Interrupts.

Has someone faced a similar problem. Could anybody help or hint at what
might be going wrong.

Thanks
Ashish Agarwal