[Tinyos-help] Custom MAC Implementation Question

Brett Parsons brettmac.parsons at nf.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 28 03:01:43 PDT 2005

Hi Michael,

The idea I had was that if only one node in the network can send at a
time, it would eliminate the hidden terminal problem.  TinyOS already
has CSMA/CA so any nodes within communication range should rarely ever
send colliding packets.  Since TOSSIM uses a "global clock" (at least,
that's my understanding), all nodes in my network should have
syncronized time.  This suggestion was really the simplest thing I could
come up with to solve the problems I've been having with hidden
terminals, etc.  Any any suggestions would certainly be welcomed :)

Brett