[Tinyos-help] TinyOS Tasks / BlockStorage

David Moss dmm at rincon.com
Mon Sep 26 16:24:42 PDT 2005

I have an issue with BlockStorage where if I access the flash (writing,
mounting, erasing, etc.) a few times in a row, calls to BlockWrite.write
stop working until I let the mote pause for a moment outside of the command
or event it is running.  If the call to BlockWrite.write gets put in an
infinite loop in one of my events/tasks, it always returns FAIL until I get
out of the current task.  Seems like after I get out of the current task
that's running, the BlockStorage has a chance to finish up whatever it needs
to do so that BlockWrite will be able to be called.

I believe what's happening is one task, event, or command in my program is
issuing is taking precedence over BlockStorage's tasks, preventing
BlockStorage from being able to finish up whatever it's doing.  And the
command or task that's running in my app can't continue on until
BlockStorage has finished up.  It's a chicken and egg problem, locking up
the mote.

Anybody know how to make your task/event/whatever run with lower precedence
than other tasks in TOS 1.x?

david