[Tinyos-help] Random access in the flash with BlockStorage?

Nue Noi nuenoi at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:29:42 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the BlockStorage(Read/Write) interface.I tried
"TestNewFlash" both Format and Block, everything went fine. I wonder if we
don't use ramdom read/write, what will happen? From the old fashion we had
before, PageEEPROM and ByteEEPROM, there was no random access. Do we really
need a random access? I really don't understand how I can randomly read from
the flash to the location of the data I want. Could somebody please explain
how this works?
[I read TEP103 already but it doesn't say anywhere why we need to randomly
access the flash.]

Thank you in advance,
Nue Noi