[Tinyos-help] Strange Messages

Ben Lau benlau at ust.hk
Fri Sep 23 07:34:34 PDT 2005

Hi Luca,

    I have a similiar problem like yours in my Debian sid machine. I
found that for kernel headers >= 2.6.9 changed the macro offsetof() from
a generic calculation method to a compiler specific function
__builtin_offsetof().  It is not recognitized by nesc.

   To solve it in the simplest (and dirty) way, you may change the
stddef.h to use back the old offsetof() macro. Or build another native
toolchains by crosstools.

   The last method I would recommend is: rebuild your nesc with my patch
attached below. ;)

p.s. It is tested with nesc-1.1.2b.