[Tinyos-help] TinyOS memory management

Kevin Pearson elcidpeteypab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:09:24 PDT 2005

I am currently working on a project in which I have designed software to
overflow the task queue and crash the motes I am working with.

My questions are:
What system does TinyOS use to govern the Task Queue?
Is the memory space static, or does it get dynamically allocated to meet its
requirement.
Are there currently any measures to prevent a clever task queue overflow
program from overwriting vital data stored in memory in order to change some
of the TinyOS operating system components?
Are there any current measures to monitor available memory to prevent a task
queue overflow from crashing the system, such as discarding posted tasks in
order to preserve currently executing programs?