[Tinyos-help] surge reliable Bcast and Receive

Mike Magee mmagee at remtrol.com
Thu Sep 22 15:50:55 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 13:07, cherylsh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out how everything is wired together
> in Surge Reliable, and have gotten confused about the line:
> SurgeM.Bcast -> Bcast.Receive[AM_SURGECMDMSG];
> in Surge.nc
>
> Since, in SurgeM.nc, an instance of the interface Receive has been
> named Bcast, does this mean that all uses of the word "Bcast" found
> in Surge.nc actually refers to the Receive interface?

Yes.  Notice that at the top of SurgeM.nc in the uses section there is a
line that confirms that:

interface Receive as Bcast;

> There is also the line below the one I've typed above:
>
> Bcast.ReceiveMsg[...] -> Comm.ReceiveMsg[...];
>
> I can't seem to find any ReceiveMsg function either within the
> Bcast or the Receive interfaces. Where is it being implemented?

It's mentioned in he Bcast interface (Bcast.nc).  Notice in the
configuration it has a uses section that says:

interface ReceiveMsg[uint8_t id];

This means the interface doesn't get the radio messages itself, it has
to be wired to GenericComm or GenericCommPromiscuous by the program.

> Thanks for any help you could provide,
> -Cheryl

No problem,

Mike Magee