[Tinyos-help] MicaZ not running on battery

Gregorio gregorioaf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:42:58 PDT 2005

I had the same problem in some motes, and I detected a problem with a switch.
Open the file
http://www.xbow.com/Support/Support_pdf_files/MPR-MIB_Series_Users_Manual.pdf
<file:///Z:/MICAz/MPR-MIB_Series_Users_Manual_7430-0021-06_B.pdf>
and go to page 10. There is a schematic diagram. The problem is in
SW2. Try to use a small wire to stabilish a contact between the points
1 and 2.
By making this contact, the motes work.
I've tested this in some motes and all of them had the same problem.

Gregório

*****************************
Hi ...

I just received two MicaZ motes and am trying to do some first tests. I
use a MIB510 to flash applications to the motes (e.g. Blink or
MicaHWVerify). Both power switches are off.

As long as the mote is attached to the MIB510, this works fine. The
application is running, the LEDs are blinking as they are supposed to.

When detaching the mote from the MIB510 and switching the mote on,
nothing happens. I am using fresh AA batteries and have tested that they
deliver 1.6 V each.

When attaching the motes back to the MIB510 again, the program continues
to run. I can also flash different programs to the two motes.

Any idea where the problem may be located or what to test next?

Regards ... Frank

Gregório de Almeida Fonseca
Engenharia Elétrica
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - Brasil