[Tinyos-help] TOSBase question

Terence Joseph tjormor at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:55:25 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I have three nodes running.  Two are transmitting one value each and the
third is connected to my pc and running TOSbase.  What I would like is to be
able to pick up one node and ignore the other however I want the two
transmitting nodes to be able to hear each other.  I tried modifying a line
in event TOS_MsgPtr RadioReceive.receive(TOS_MsgPtr Msg) in TOSBase from

if ((!Msg->crc) || (Msg->group != TOS_AM_GROUP))
      return Msg;

if ((!Msg->crc) || (Msg->group != TOS_AM_GROUP) || (TOS_LOCAL_ADDRESS == 1))
      return Msg;

I have set the TOS_LOCAL_ADDRESS parameter to 1 and 2 respectively on the
two transmitting nodes.  When the if statement contains (TOS_LOCAL_ADDRESS
== 1) as above it won't pick up either nodes. However when it contains
(TOS_LOCAL_ADDRESS == 2), it picks up both??  This is rather strange and if
anyone can explain it that would be great (or give me a better way of doing
this).  Thanks.

Best Regards,
Terence