[Tinyos-help] Routing in TinyOS (kindly reply)

Lin Gu lingu at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Sep 21 16:10:37 PDT 2005

I do not think there is a "default" routing protocol in
TinyOS. TinyOS is a component based arch. The core
services it provides are a scheduler and some hardware
routines for indispensible hardware components, such as
the processor. Other services, such as routing protocols,
radio transceiver drivers, flash read/write functions, are
all provided by components that programmers can choose
whether to use them or not.

When developing an application, the programmer pulls in
selected components and NesC compiles all of them into
one image. Hence, the application and the "OS" become
one program. Depending on which compoenents the programmer
selects, the OS part can take various forms and have very
different functionality.

Therefore, to substitute something for the "default" routing
protocol, just use a routing component of your choice.

Have fun!

lin

--
Lin Gu