[Tinyos-help] New user of TinyOS

Joe Polastre joe at polastre.com
Wed Sep 21 09:14:44 PDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Francisco Luis Guillén Castillo <fgc390 at alboran.ual.es> wrote:
> I'd like to begin with Telo rev B, I have download and install successfully
> the TinyOs, but I haven't found a Manual to begin (what hardware I need,
> etc…)

Mote manufacturers provide quick start guides and datasheets to help
you start working with TinyOS.  Unfortunately, you have to start with
a hardware platform and find documentation from there; there isn't a
good source of platform-independent documentation for starting up with
TinyOS.

> Another thing that I don't know: Can I buy the PCB from a Telos rev b or
> from another Mote? I have all the components for various Telos, but I don't
> have enough infrastructure to make the PCB.

Moteiv (www.moteiv.com) sells Tmote Sky fully assembled and tested.
Tmote Sky is an enhanced version of Telos revision B that I designed.
Feel free to contact me personally or info at moteiv.com for more
information.

-Joe Polastre
Moteiv Corporation