[Tinyos-help] NetProg.init() and heterogeneous network

Jonathan Hui jonhui at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:50:56 PDT 2005

On 9/15/05, Charles Wagner <wagner at irisa.fr> wrote:
> 1-===== In "Deluge 2.0 TinyOS Networkprogramming" manual  page 10
> Jonathan Hui wrote :
>
> "....NetProg.init() is responsible for restoring necessary node state ,
> including TOS_LOCAL_ADRESS...".
>
> But NetProg interface doesnt include init()  declaration.

NetProg provides the StdControl interface.

> 2=====  Has anyone successfull experience with heterogeneous  network
> reprogramming using NetProg ?

We have at Berkeley. Just have a component that calls
NetProg.programImgAndReboot( imgNum ), where imgNum is computed based
of some value like TOS_LOCAL_ADDRESS. Note that all nodes will receive
the image. This is a solution that performs selective rebooting rather
than selective dissemination.

--
Jonathan W. Hui
jwhui at cs.berkeley.edu