[Tinyos-help] Re: DAC on telosb

Poornima Jayarao pjayarao at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 15:09:17 PDT 2005

Hi Joe
Oops, Sorry,
what I ment was:
Q1: Does the TestDAC12 output on DAC0 pin?
Q2: How do I change TestDAC12M.nc to keep
the DAC outputing the sine wave continuously?
Or does it already do that? Sorry I cannot
figure it out.
Q3: If a speaker is connected to DAC0 pin,
without an amplifier, will I be able to
observe the sine wave on a scope?
Thank you
Regards
pj
--- Joe Polastre <joe at polastre.com> wrote:

> Actually you can get the most recent version of
> regtypes from CVS.
>
> DAC0 is the DAC0 pin and DAC1 is the DAC1 pin :)
>
> If you want to use a speaker, you need to use an
> amplifier.
>
> -Joe
>
> On 9/20/05, Poornima Jayarao <pjayarao at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > I updated to TinyOS 1.1.13 and still found the
> > syntax errors. However on adding msp430regtypes.h
> > with the following two lines, the syntax errors
> > went away: ( are these additions correct?)
> > #define TYPE_DAC12_0DAT uint16_t
> > #define TYPE_DAC12_1DAT uint16_t
> >
> > I was able to compile and install on the
> > telosb / tmote device. I was able to see the
> > Leds turn on in the following order:red, green
> > and after a while(~1/2 sec) yellow(blue) led.
> >
> > Q1: Does the DAC0 output on U26 pin 1, i.e.
> ADC6/DAC0
> > signal pin ?
> > Q2: Does the sine wave keep repeating or do I need
> > change the TIMER_ONE_SHOT to TIMER_REPEAT? I am
> unable
> > to see the waveform on my scope. I have an 8 Ohm
> > speaker on the signal pin and hope to hear the
> sound.
> > Does the DAC driver sufficiently to hear the sound
> on
> > the speaker or do I need to amplify the signal?
> >
> > Thank you
> > Regards
> > pj
> >

> > --- Joe Polastre <joe at polastre.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Update to TinyOS 1.1.13
> > >
> > > On 9/20/05, Poornima Jayarao
> <pjayarao at yahoo.com>

> > > installed
> tmote
> what I
> > > error.

> brevity.......)

C:/PROGRA~1/UCB/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/platform/msp430/dac/HPLDAC12M.nc:25:

C:/PROGRA~1/UCB/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/platform/msp430/dac/HPLDAC12M.nc:27:

https://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-msp430/2005-August/000216.html