[Tinyos-help] Flash Error

raj raj rajtos at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 20:23:26 PDT 2005

Hi all,

 I use MIB510 programming board and mica2 motes. Initially I had installed version 1.1.0 of tinyos. When I used the following command to install any application

make mica2 install.1 MIB510=COM1

I got the follwing error

Verifying: flash
flash error at address 0x500: file=0x80, mem=0xff
flash error at address 0x501: file=0x93, mem=0xff

I took help of FAQ on tinyos site. With that I got rid of the Flash error problem.

Next I upgraded tinyos to 1.1.14. Now I get the same Flash error problem. This time the technique given in FAQ does not work. I have tried other ways described in http://www2.ece.jhu.edu/faculty/andreou/498/ToolsAndLabInfo/MICA_Motes/How2Start.htm

but they also dont work. I have spent hours on this. Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this Flash error problem?

Thank you
raj