[Tinyos-help] TinyOS directory structure

Kenneth Lima kglima at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 01:47:01 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a problem with assigning pins and knowing which pins are pre- assigned in TinyOS. I understand if i am compiling with make mica2 then the compiler goes through the following:

1. Looks at my locally defined pin assignments in myinclude.h
2. Looks at those in tos\platform\mica2\hardware.h

Is this assumption correct?

Secondly, if it does, does it overwrite any pin assignment i do locally with the ones it finds in tos\platform\mica2\hardware.h ?

I know these may be many questions at a blow but i know for example that the AVR Atmega128 controller automatically uses PORTB pin5 (PB5) as a Timer1 PWM output. I also read a mail on this forum that quoted

ATMEGA	MICA2	MICA2
 port	 pin	 pin	 Name	   Description

PB
  0	 10	 --	none	    10K pulldown, enables SPI
  1	 11	 18	SPI_SCK	    U3 DCK - Radio, and program
  2	 12	 16	SPI_MOSI    Program in, not used internally
  3	 13	 17	SPI_MISO    U3 DIO - Radio data and program out
  4	 14	 23	PWM0	     (available -- PWM out)
  5	 15	 24	PWM1A	     (available -- PWM out)
  6	 16	 49	PWM1B	     (available -- PWM out)
  7	 17	 --	none	    tied to PB1 for SPI clock

So i used
TOSH_ALIAS_PIN(USOUND_TXR_CTL, PWM1A);
 in my local myinclude.h and used

TOSH_MAKE_USOUND_TXR_CTL_OUTPUT();
in my main module hoping to have declared PB5 like an output for PWM but the compiler threw errors. Can anyone help explain this to me or am i misunderstanding the directory structure of tinyOS?

Thanks in advance
Kenneth

This world is no fun!!!!