[Tinyos-help] TinyOS directory structure

Kenneth Lima kglima at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 01:47:01 PDT 2005

Hi all,
I have a problem with assigning pins and knowing which pins are pre- assigned in TinyOS. I understand if i am compiling with make mica2 then the compiler goes through the following:
1. Looks at my locally defined pin assignments in myinclude.h
2. Looks at those in tos\platform\mica2\hardware.h
Is this assumption correct?
Secondly, if it does, does it overwrite any pin assignment i do locally with the ones it finds in tos\platform\mica2\hardware.h ?
I know these may be many questions at a blow but i know for example that the AVR Atmega128 controller automatically uses PORTB pin5 (PB5) as a Timer1 PWM output. I also read a mail on this forum that quoted
 port	 pin	 pin	 Name	   Description

  0	 10	 --	none	    10K pulldown, enables SPI
  1	 11	 18	SPI_SCK	    U3 DCK - Radio, and program
  2	 12	 16	SPI_MOSI    Program in, not used internally
  3	 13	 17	SPI_MISO    U3 DIO - Radio data and program out
  4	 14	 23	PWM0	     (available -- PWM out)
  5	 15	 24	PWM1A	     (available -- PWM out)
  6	 16	 49	PWM1B	     (available -- PWM out)
  7	 17	 --	none	    tied to PB1 for SPI clock

So i used
 in my local myinclude.h and used
in my main module hoping to have declared PB5 like an output for PWM but the compiler threw errors. Can anyone help explain this to me or am i misunderstanding the directory structure of tinyOS?
Thanks in advance

This world is no fun!!!!
Yahoo! for Good