[Tinyos-help] sending data over the internet using SerialForwarder

Shruti Lakdawala shrutibl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 00:19:31 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I need to transmit data received serially by the computer, from the base
mote (mica2) over the internet. I did notice that Tutorial-6: 'Displaying
Data on PC' talks in detail about the SerialForwarder, which supports such
an application. However, I was unable to understand how to exchange
information between computers using the SerialForwarder.

I do know how to receive data serially from the mote using the
SerialForwarder, but am not able to transmit the data from one computer to
the other computer. Would someone please be kind to explain to me how to
setup my computers for this experiment...so that I can forward the data from
one computer to the other...and receive it at the other end.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,
Shruti.