[Tinyos-help] Error trying to receive messages in Matlab

Rafael Aranha rafael.aranha at tagus.ist.utl.pt
Sat Sep 17 15:50:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to receive messages thru Matlab but with no success.
I've followed the tutorial and I'm able to connect, send messages but
not to
receive.
I can see that they are being received as the counter in SF increments.
I've also tried to use MatlabControl with MIG but I still don't get
anything.
I would like to receive the AM messages and process it's information in
realtime.

This is what I'm doing in matlab and what I get when I call the receive
function:
(tinyos-1.1.8; Matlab 7(R14); Debian-testing)

>> msg=net.tinyos.oscope.OscopeResetMsg

msg =

Message <OscopeResetMsg>

>> send(1, msg)
>> omsg = net.tinyos.oscope.OscopeMsg

omsg =

Message <OscopeMsg>
  [sourceMoteID=0x0]
  [lastSampleNumber=0x0]
  [channel=0x0]
  [data=0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 ]

>> receive('printMsg', omsg);
??? Error using ==> ctranspose
Transpose on an array with opaque indexing is not defined.

Error in ==> receive at 63
COMM.messageType{end+1}=message';

Error in ==> receive at 30
    receive(functionName, message, COMM.connectionName{:});

??? Error using ==> printMsg
Too many input arguments.

??? Error using ==> printMsg
Too many input arguments.