[Tinyos-help] Mica2 antenna

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Wed Sep 14 22:20:26 PDT 2005

You want to continue the shielding on the antenna wire up to the point
that the actual antenna starts... so leave 1/4 wave unshielded.
Detaching the antenna should amount to pulling the dingus out of
the connector...unless the 900MHz devices (which I have used) are
different. If its a squarish 1/8" thing on the end of the wire,
just use a pair of needle-nose pliers to pull it out...

RG 158 or 178 (if I remember my numbers) are the thing...
MS