[Tinyos-help] Changing Sampling Rate For MDA300

Jeremiah D. Jazdzewski jazdz007 at umn.edu
Tue Sep 13 15:32:04 PDT 2005

Martin,

Thanks for the help, but I'm still a little confused.  When I search for
that header, I get 2 mda300 instances of it on my computer.
One is located in:
C:\Program Files\Crossbow\Day 1's Firmware\XSensorMDA300.
The other is located in:
C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\contrib\xbow\beta\apps\XSensorMDA300.

I gather that the first was from the workshop in June and the second was
the original beta testing version from when I originally installed.  Am
I right in thinking that there is no way to change the header file value
for the xsensor_sample_rate constant and still have it work in
moteview's programming gui?  Is this because moteview uses precompiled
xsensor applications in the gui?  So does this mean that I need to
install my modified sample rate xmesh app for the mda300 using cygwin
instead to accurately use the right modified header?  In that case,
which apps should I make and flash to the motes to reflect this header
change?

Also, let me just run this by you.

I have 3 motes, 1 mda300, and a stargate.  I am setting up a system
where 1 mote has the mda300 and will hop its packets to the second mote
which has no sensor and just acts as a go between, which will then hop
it to the base mote on the stargate to be logged in a database.  Am I
correct in thinking that I need to install XSensorMDA300 on all 3 motes,
or does the lone mote #2 and/or the stargate mote need to run a
different app?

Thanks again for your help.

-Jeremiah Jazdzewski