[Tinyos-help] Debugging symbols in nesC binaries

Zimdars, Andrew andrew.zimdars at lmco.com
Tue Sep 13 12:43:03 PDT 2005

My colleagues and I are building a simulator for (among other things) Atmel-based motes, and we're trying to figure out how the compiler assigns debugging symbols to addresses in the heap.  In particular, we'd like to guarantee that some (or all) variables of interest get assigned symbols during code generation.  (The alternative is for our users to pore over the generated C and asm code to figure out where their "anonymous" variable live on the heap, and address them directly.)

Are there compiler flags that we can set to do this, or could some of the nesC compiler gurus shed some light on the symbol-generation process?

Thanks,

Andy Z.

-----
Andrew Zimdars
Modeling, Simulation, and Information Sciences (Org. ABCS)
Advanced Technology Center, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co.
Bldg. 153, Col. 2J4
1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA  94089

w: 408/742.2111 m: 510/915.0662