[Tinyos-help] Physically simulating congestion

Abraham Chan abrahamchan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:17:21 PDT 2005

Hi all

How would it be possible to physically simulate congestion on a channel?
I've tried modifying CntToLedsAndRfm to spam the radio channel with the
timer running at 1 ms and the packet size of 29 bytes. This doesn't seem to
be good enough to simulate congestion on the channel.

Do you guys know of a better way or another program I can use to force
congestion?

I'm trying to count the number of congestion backoffs for a packet but the
MacBackoff.congestionBackoff() event never seems to trigger.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Abraham