[Tinyos-help] jtag ice

Adam Wozniak awozniak at remtrol.com
Tue Sep 13 11:46:58 PDT 2005

I am attempting to use the "ATMEL JTAG ICE" to connect to a radio board
on a "MIB 510".

I get the following error from AVRStudio:

The OCD JTAG adapter was detected, but the target device did not return
a valid JTAG ID.  This could be caused by; There is no target device;
the JTAGEN fuse of the target device is not programmed, thus disabling
the JTAG interface; or the existing application code programmed into
the target device disables the JTAG interface, thus requiring external
reset pin to be activated upon connect.  Se the JTAGICE user manual for
more information.  Click Retry, or click Cancel to abort.

I have connected the cable from the JTAG ICE to the "MOTE JTAG" connector
on the MIB 510.

The JTAG ICE has two unlabelled LEDs lit up, green on the left and red
in the middle.  The third LED is dark.

I have wall warts attached to BOTH the JTAG ICE and the MIB 510.
Is this right?  Notes about the MIB 500 talk about needing to add a
jumper somewhere.

I have tried both setting and clearing bit 6 of fuse high (JTAGEN),
and get the same error in both cases.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Adam Wozniak                                   Remtrol Inc.
Firmware Engineer                              141 Suburban Rd. Suite A3