[Tinyos-help] TinyDB and MICAz

Stefano Tennina ironste at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:44:07 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,
On a Windows 2000 system I installed the TinyOS 1.1.11 distribution.

Without any modification in the codes, I experienced two strange problems
running
TinyDB on MICAz.

When a query like this is running on MICAz nodes equipped with MTS310 sensor
board:
SELECT nodeid, temp FROM sensors
SAMPLE PERIOD 2048

1. Temperature readings are unstable, that is they oscillate e.g. from 490
520 (a range of more than 2°C (23,2°C - 25,6°C) based on the conversion
formula
found in the sensor datasheet) !!

2. Readings come from sensors only for 23 epochs. After that, without any
external
intervention, green leds of motes blink and no more data arrives. Moreover,
if
I add the light field in that query (SELECT nodeid, temp, light ...), nodes
correctly don't stop themselves automatically.

Note that it's all ok if the query is SELECT nodeid, light ...

All this didn't happen with the old version of TinyDB
(task-tinydb-1.1.1Nov2003)
on MICA2 nodes.

Can anyone tell me why this happens ??

PhD Stefano TENNINA
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Centre of Excellence DEWS
University of L'Aquila
ITALY