[Tinyos-help] Can some clarify this?

Jeremiah D. Jazdzewski jazdz007 at umn.edu
Mon Sep 12 13:36:41 PDT 2005

Even if there is no sensor attached, the mote still pulls values off the
pins that would attach to the sensor.  In this case, they are probably
floating at 0V.  Then surgeview runs these meaningless values through
its algorithm to calculate what would be the sensor value.  As a result
you get a meaningless sensor value.

jdj