[Tinyos-help] Suggestions for Oscilloscope GUI or OscopeMsg alteration

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Mon Sep 12 00:03:17 PDT 2005

You probably want to go over the TOS tutorial section on the "mig"
tool, which allows you to define message structures in TOS and generate
java classes to decode them. If that is too much overhead (my personal
opinion from my personal NIH standpoint), then look for some code
I posted a month ago that extracts individual fields from the TOSMsg
buffer on the host side. Java is so dang-close to C, and a much simpler
C++ syntax, that is should "not be too hard" to figure out how to plug
your new message struct in place of oscope/OscopeMsg.java and make it's
user GraphPanel.java behave.

not much help, I know, but more than you've gotten so far...
MS