[Tinyos-help] Listen tool

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Sun Sep 11 23:39:33 PDT 2005

Looks like you got no useful replies so far, so I'll try the basics...

First, I assume that you acutally downloaded the O'scope program to
the Mote...that means that you probably have a good serial connection
to the programmer. And also that you are not trying to use the mote
're'-motely, i.e., it is still in the programmer socket...

Then, if you are using the MIB510 (serial port only, no parallel port
connection), make sure the little switch on the board is in the OFF
position...check the doc for the MIB. I don't understand why, but
the switch shuts off serial comm back to the host when it is ON.

You should also use the device type, not the baud rate in your MOTECOM
envvar, like:  serial at COM5:mica2
You probably don't have a 'mica' board...maybe mica2 or micaz?

Lastly, upgrade to a more modern version of TOS, like 1.1.7 (my current
favorite...). Lots of **** has gone under the bridge since .0

MS