[Tinyos-help] mote reboot

Vlasios Tsiatsis tsiatsis at ee.ucla.edu
Sat Sep 10 09:23:38 PDT 2005

You can do it by executing an inline assembly instruction to jump to
the memory location 0 (zero). This is like a soft reset.
Here is the instruction that you could use:
asm volatile("jmp 0x0");
If you build any application and go to build/mica2 directory and execute
$ avr-objdump -D -S main.exe > main.S
the file file main.S wlll have the assembly code of the application.
You can see the reset vector lies in memory location 0.

Generally this technique can be applied to any processor and therefore any
mote. You just have to find from the datasheets where the reset vector
lies in memory location and jump to this memory location.

I hope this helps,
vlassis