[Tinyos-help] Re: TelosB Sector Erase

Jonathan Hui jonhui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:46:52 PDT 2005

On 9/8/05, David Moss <dmm at rincon.com> wrote:
> Should I be calling more lower-level functions to erase a particular sector
> in flash?

No. Deluge only uses the BlockStorage component for all it's flash
operations and utilizes multiple volumes.

> Also, when I mount() to a volume, I can read/write anywhere on the flash -
> even outside that volume's space. Will this be changed in the future?

There is a tradeoff between a little extra protection versus code
space. Presumably, a well-behaved application will stay within bounds.
Even if bounds checking is in place, there's no stopping an
application mounting an arbitrary volume and writing to it.

--
Jonathan W. Hui
jwhui at cs.berkeley.edu
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jwhui/