[Tinyos-help] Re: TelosB Sector Erase

Jonathan Hui jonhui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:46:52 PDT 2005

On 9/8/05, David Moss <dmm at rincon.com> wrote:
> Should I be calling more lower-level functions to erase a particular sector
> in flash?

No. Deluge only uses the BlockStorage component for all it's flash
operations and utilizes multiple volumes.

> Also, when I mount() to a volume, I can read/write anywhere on the flash -
> even outside that volume's space. Will this be changed in the future?

There is a tradeoff between a little extra protection versus code
space. Presumably, a well-behaved application will stay within bounds.
Even if bounds checking is in place, there's no stopping an
application mounting an arbitrary volume and writing to it.

Jonathan W. Hui
jwhui at cs.berkeley.edu