[Tinyos-help] Help using float

Vlasios Tsiatsis tsiatsis at ee.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 6 09:55:44 PDT 2005

Hi Allessandro,
Did you try to run the test application in
SoftFloatTinyOS/apps/SoftFloatTest ?
Although there is no tos/platform/micaz directory the makefile
compiles the application with no problem because SoftFloat uses the
files in tos/platform/mica2 as mica2 and micaz share the same
processor and there are no other differences in respect with the
SoftFloat library.

Take a look at the Makefile in the apps/SoftFloatTest directory.
The point is that you have to add some include flags in your own makefile
that point to the tos, interface, system directories of the
SoftFloat library.

The packaging of the SoftFloat library was done with the mindset that you
shouldn't worry about where to place the library. You only have to add a
few include flags in your application makefile in order for the NesC
compiler to find the components. I am pretty sure this step can be done
automatically but we didn't have time to look into this as it is a lower
priority task.

Try the test application to see if it works for micaz and then add the
necessary include flags in your application makefile and try to build it.
Please let us know if you have any problems.

vlassis