[Tinyos-help] [Q] Tossim with mobility

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 4 14:05:53 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 13:22 -0500, Janos Sallai wrote:
> If you're familiar with Matlab and you don't insist on simulating the
> _actual_ TinyOS implementation, I would recommend using Prowler for this
> purpose.
>
> To express mobility in Prowler, all you have to do is to introduce
> time-dependency in the callback function that returns the node
> locations.
>
> Prowler can be downloaded from the following URL:
> http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu/projects/nest/download.asp
>
> Janos Sallai

Of course, the TOSSIM position is that capturing the behavior of a
specific implementation is just as important (if not more so) than an
abstract algorithm: the details turn out to be the most important and
interesting things to consider. :)

With regards to the actual question....

There's a Tython call you can make to recalculate the link
probabilities. I can't recall it off the top of my head, but it's in the
manual.

Phil