[Tinyos-help] GenericBase Problem

Amit Panchal panchal_amit21 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 15:20:15 PDT 2005

Hi

I Have interface the micaz mote with an external device through the Tx/Rx pins of the mote. I  have uploaded the GenericBase Application of the micaz mote. I have some problem with this application. In the application

event TOS_MsgPtr UARTReceive.receive(TOS_MsgPtr data) {
 call Leds.greenToggle();
return receive(data, TRUE);
}

Now this code returns the data received over UART to the function "receive" of tyoe TOS_MsgPtr. now the green led toggles whenever the mote receives anything over UART, but then again the "receive" function there is a line of code
if (fromUART) {
call Leds.redToggle();
--------------------
}
My Question is

why does only the green LED toggles and the red one dosent when the data is received over the UART. The red LED should also start toggling as sooon as the data is received and sent to the receive function..

Thanks

Amit Panchal
Research Assistant
Software Engineering Department