[Tinyos-help] Micaz time measurement in microseconds

Ruben Lagar ruben.lagar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:29:55 PDT 2005

I wanted to use the second choice, and i know about those high resolution
counters, but I don't know how to access that "16-bit Timer3".

Could someone please tell me how to access those counters? I haven't found
any documentation about that matter.

Thanks!!! Rubén.

There are a few ways:

1) toggle a HW pin and measure it on a scope
2) store start/stop time stamps from a high resolution counter
and retrieve them later.
3) use a timer capture register on a pin you control

If you follow one of the SW solutions, you would probably want to use the
16-bit Timer3, as it is freely available.

Martin