[Tinyos-help] RE: [Imote] ZvDosFlashTool with port COM5?

Kling, Ralph M ralph.m.kling at intel.com
Thu Mar 31 09:30:45 PST 2005

Hi Clement,

The current Flashtool only support ports 1-4. There is a new one without
this limitation but we haven't checked that in yet. In the meantime, on
a windows machine you can do the following:

Go to Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager
Go to Ports, find your port and click Properties/Port Settings/Advanced
Here you can change your port number. You may have to move another
existing port to a number greater than 4 first, and then assign your USB
serial port a number in the range 1-4.

Good luck,

Ralph