[Tinyos-help] micaz, SimpleCmd, BcastInject and SerialForwarder

Philip Levis pal at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 30 20:27:20 PST 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 7:30 PM, Thierry wrote:

> When I use radio communication instead (a TOSBase on
> MIB510): SerialForwarder with serial at COM1:micaz
> reports "write failed";  SerialForwarder with
> serial at COM1:mica2 reports nothing but the SimpleCmd
> micaz mote doesnot turn the yellow LED on.

For the micaZ, you need to specify mica2 at the command line:

serial at COM1:mica2

The micaZ is different than all other platforms in that it uses
different packet formats for the radio and UART. The UART packets are
mica2 packets, hence the mica2 at the command line.

Phil

-------

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring