[Tinyos-help] more questions about powerTOSSIM

Philip Levis pal at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 30 00:10:18 PST 2005

On Mar 29, 2005, at 8:49 PM, Giovanni Vanini wrote:

> I cannot see how can happen (it is claimed to be one of the main
> source of powerTOSSIM inaccuracy) that a line of the intermediate C
> code is belonging ("may be compiled") to more than one basic block, as
> soon as the identification of the BB is done directly on the C code
> itself. Can someone try to explain it more in detail?

I assume it's because C does not require newlines to delimit blocks.
For example, this statement has more than one basic block:

uint8_t foo = (a < b)? call X.a():call Y.a();

other examples:

if (a) {func();}
for (i = 0; i < 500; i++) {call Leds.redToggle();}

Phil

-------

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring