[Tinyos-help] problem of connecting to tossim serial using sf

shangzj shangzj at sia.cn
Tue Mar 29 23:03:15 PST 2005

Hi,tinyos-help,

I want to inject a packet to Drip apps in tossim. I use the java tools to do this. As you know, I have to run serialforwarder in advanc.

When i use tossim only , not tinyviz, things ok. I use sf with -comm tossim-serial. But when i open tinyviz, i.e. type: tinyviz -run ./build/pc/main.exe 3, sf can't connect.

In the window of sf:
Listening to tossim-serial
Platform avrmote
Opening tossim-serial source
Connecting to Tossim event port at localhost:10585
Could not listen on port:9001
Connecting to Tossim command port at localhost: 10584
Connection opened t Tossim command port
Closing tossim-serial source
Shutting down all client connections
Closing source
Closing socket.

In cygwin:
Administrator at SHANGZJ /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/java
$ java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -comm tossim-serial
java.io.IOException: closed
        at net.tinyos.packet.AbstractSource.failIfClosed(AbstractSource.java:97)

        at net.tinyos.packet.AbstractSource.readPacket(AbstractSource.java:101)
        at net.tinyos.packet.PhoenixSource.packetDipatchLoop(PhoenixSource.java:
152)
        at net.tinyos.packet.PhoenixSource.run(PhoenixSource.java:169)
what's the problem and how to solve it? thanks.

Best regards.

Michael Shang
2005-03-30