[Tinyos-help] MPR 420(mica2) mote building prob

Joe Polastre joe.polastre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:05:31 PST 2005

The mica2 schematics are available from the TinyOS website:
http://www.tinyos.net/hardware/design/ORCAD_FILES/MICA2/6310-0306-01ACLEAN.pdf

Note that Crossbow (as well as most other electrical engineers) follow
the convention of "off page" designators to connect components on
different pages of the schematic (specified with >> or << depending on
the direction of the signal).  For example, SPI_SCK on page 2 is
connected to pin 11 of the microcontroller (U7) on page 4.

As Mike indicates, the MPR420 was modified for Japanese certification,
whereas the MPR400 and MPR410 are the mica2 motes in widespread use in
the US and Europe at 433 and 916MHz.

-Joe