[Tinyos-help] what is the specific use of tinyos

Kristin Wright l.kristin.wright at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:07:52 PST 2005

TinyOS is an open-source operating system designed for wireless
embedded sensor networks. It features a component-based architecture
which enables rapid innovation and implementation while minimizing
code size as required by the severe memory constraints inherent in
sensor networks.

The above is straight from the TInyOS home page www.tinyos.net which
presumably you've found. The publications linked off the
'publications' page (see the Site Menu on the right-hand side of the
page) will help you understand TinyOS and the wsn design space in more
depth.

-kw